MGT 621 – Microeconomics
9. Markets and Intermediaries
Lecture Notes (Overheads Used In Class)
· N/A (read slides carefully)
· What is an intermediary? Provide examples (online and offline).
· What are common market imperfections? Provide examples.
· How can an intermediary fix those imperfections, at least partially? Provide examples.
Background Reading (for future reference only)
· Spulber, D.F. (1999) Market Microstructure: Intermediaries and the Theory of the Firm, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.